Why Should I Hire A REALTOR® When I Can Just Sell My Home Myself?
I often get asked if I am concerned that the role of the REALTOR® will diminish over time because of new technology and easy access to the internet. My response is always the same: “a seller needs a REALTOR® to protect them from consumer harm”.
Selling your home may sound simple, but it is not. It’s important that the whole process of selling your home is handled and managed by a professional. I have eleven years experience as a REALTOR®, I have seen it all.
Each sale is a complex transaction, riddled with hurdles. Without proper professional representation you will place yourself at a disadvantage. This could result in financial losses, or even finding yourself on the wrong end of an expensive lawsuit.
Here is a list of some of the potential issues you may face:
1. Your inexperience means you could under-value your home and leave money on the table, or over-value it and miss the market entirely.
2. You are emotionally attached to your home. You will share too much personal information with the buyer and undermine your negotiating position.
3. You are not an experienced REALTOR®. When negotiating, you could rush into a poor deal and suffer the financial consequences.
4. Perhaps your buyer isn’t pre-approved and you get contractually tied into a deal that has no hope of completing. In the meantime, you miss opportunities with other qualified buyers.
5. Your inexperience with real estate contract law means that you may not make the proper disclosures. You could be sued and end up in court.
6. You sign important legal documents without REALLY understanding their significance and errors can be costly.
An offer on your home is not just about the price. It involves the terms, the timelines, the deposits and the disclosures. Believe me - leave it to a qualified, experienced REALTOR® to handle this complex process on your behalf. The last thing you want is to make one of the largest financial transactions of your life more stressful than it needs to be!
Have questions about the process? Read more on our Sellers Page, or contact me with your questions. I’m always here to help.